A quick sauce made with 4 ingredients that is full of flavour and honestly one of the greatest sauces you’ll ever try.
As a kid, I used to put this stuff on everything, even plain rice.
It’s salty, gingery, oniony and delicious. What’s odd is I was not really a fan of ginger but I don’t know what it is but this sauce transforms everything to be delicious. I’m serious!
All ingredients for this will be available at your local grocery store.
For the oil, you can use any light tasting oil like peanut oil and grape seed oils. Do not use olive oil. Olive oil has a very strong flavour which doesn’t do well in this sauce and masks the flavours of it.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
This sauce is very simple to make and literally takes 5 minutes.
Here are the steps:
- Chop the green onions (scallions) finely
- Chop ginger up roughly and put it in a food processor until it is very fine. If you do not have a food processor, you can finely chop it by hand with a knife. The finer the better unless you like eating chunks of ginger.
- Combine the green onions (scallions) and ginger and add the salt and mix.
- On the stove, heat up the oil in a frying pan or pot until it is hot. (Viscosity of the oil will be very runny and almost smoking as well.) The oil must be hot, else it will not ‘cook’ the sauce.
- Once it’s hot, carefully pour the oil into the onion and ginger mixture. You should hear a sizzle. If you don’t, the oil is not hot enough – heat the oil up hotter and try again.
- Mix it up, and enjoy on anything!
WHAT TO USE IT ON
Everything and anything, but if you must choose here are a few suggestions:
- Noodles (soup noodles or fried noodles)
- Rice (fried, steamed or plain)
- Any type of meat, especially roasted or grilled meats
WHAT THIS SAUCE PAIRS WELL WITH
A quick sauce made with 4 ingredients that is full of flavour and honestly one of the greatest sauces you'll ever try.
- 5 stalks green onions (scallions)
- 5-6 slices ginger (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp oil (any oil except olive oil)
Slice the ginger and finely grind it in a food processor (or hand chop finely)
Chop the green onions finely
Combine the ginger and green onions into a bowl and add 1/4 tsp of salt
Heat up the oil in a pan until smoking and add to the ginger onion mixture. You should hear and see it sizzling. If you don't, the oil wasn't hot enough.
Mix and enjoy! 🙂