This all purpose coffee rub is our all-time favourite dry rub that we use on everything. It’s earthy, flavourful and great to use on anything you want to quickly cook up on the grill. Quick to make – you can double, triple or quadruple the recipe so that you only need to make it once and have plenty leftover.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee (medium grind)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoon onion powder (or dried onion flakes)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cayenne (Optional) Reduce the amount for a less spicy rub
- Combine together in a large bowl and mix.
- Store in a well sealed container away from direct sunlight. Sunlight damages spices and takes away the flavour with time.
- Do not use pre-used coffee grounds, it doesn’t have any flavour
- This recipe scales very well, create more to have it on hand to easily have it available
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 204 kcal
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 9886 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: coffee rub