These crispy garlic roasted potatoes recipe has a light honey miso garlic drizzle caramelized at the very end to give it a layer of umaminess which makes them a super addictive snack or side dish.
- 2–3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
Honey Miso Garlic Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons water (hot)
- 1 tablespoon miso (*See notes about types of miso)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- green onions (finely chopped)
Preparing the Potatoes for Roasting
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into 1-1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of clean water to wash out the excess starch
- In a large pot, put the potatoes in the pot and cover it with COLD water, enough to cover the potatoes
- Add in the white vinegar and salt and set the stove to medium high heat.
- Boil it for 20-30 minutes, do not use a lid.
- Once the potatoes have finished boiling, drain the water and let it sit for about 10 minutes to cool and dry out. (It cools faster if you can spread it out into 1 layer)
Making the Honey Miso Garlic Sauce
- In a small bowl, add in the miso and hot water and mix until the miso has melted.
- Add in the honey and mix well until the sauce is smooth.
- Add in the garlic powder and mix.
- Set aside for later
Roasting the Potatoes
- Melt the butter (I like to use the microwave and nuke it for 20 seconds, 10 seconds at a time so it doesn’t splatter. If you don’t have a microwave, use a small pot or pan)
- Mix in the oil with the butter and set it aside.
- Once 10 minutes is up and the potatoes are dried and somewhat tacky and sticky, place the potatoes in a roasting pan (use one large enough that you can spread the potatoes into a single layer) and mix the butter/oil mixture with the potatoes until they are all well coated.
- Set the oven rack to the center of the oven.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and broil it for 15-20 minutes. Flipping them every 5 minutes. (It is crucial that you watch the oven on this step, since things burn really quickly under broil.)
- Once the potatoes are brown and crispy (If the potatoes are not crispy yet, broil for another 5 minutes), mix in the Honey Miso Garlic sauce and mix well until all the potatoes are well coated.
- Put it back in the oven, and broil it for 2-3 minutes
- Enjoy as a snack or a side dish! 🙂
- You can use any type of potato for this ingredient but keep in mind that the starchier the potato is – the crispier it will be, which is why I usually like using russets for this recipe. You can also peel the potatoes for more starchy surface area for an even more crispy potato.
- You can use any type of miso for this recipe, but keep in mind that the darker the miso (white, yellow, red) the more flavorful and potent it will be.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving (approximately 1 cup)
- Calories: 591 cal
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 266 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 100 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: garlic roasted potatoes, crispy roasted potatoes, roasted potatoes