Decadent, crunchy, salty orange chocolate truffles coated in salty crunchy toffee bits.
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (approximately 1 cup)
- 8 oz dark chocolate (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup pistachio (finely chopped) (optional)
- Finely chop the chocolates and put it in a large bowl
- Zest 1 large orange, and put it into the bowl
- Add the cinnamon into the bowl
Mixing the Chocolate
- Microwave the heavy cream in the microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds (every microwave is different, so watch it like a hawk. When it bubbles up, it is most likely hot enough) When you take it out of the microwave, make sure it’s hot enough by checking if the cream is steaming.
- Add the cream into the bowl and slowly mix all the ingredients together. Speed up the mixing once the chocolate has started melting.
- (Optional) If you are doing the pistachio coating, add the toffee in now. If not, reserve the toffee bits for coating after.
- Put the bowl into the fridge, and let it cool for 2 hours
Rolling the Truffles
- Run your wrist under cold water to cool your hands down.
- (Optional) Add 1 or 2 drops of oil onto your hands
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of chocolate out of the bowl, and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the truffle in either the toffee bits or the pistachios
- Put it on a tray or plate, and keep it in the fridge to cool.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- When zesting, do not zest the whites (the pith) of the orange. It is very bitter and not very tasty
- Storage: Truffles pick up funky smells and flavours from the fridge easily. To store this, keep it in the fridge, well sealed.
- Serving Size: 1 Truffle
- Calories: 161 kcal
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 48 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 0 g
Keywords: orange chocolate balls, truffles, chocolate orange truffles