This quick, easy and super flavorful soy sauce fried noodles recipe is made with stir fried beef and onions – ready in 15 minutes!
Making the Spaghettini
- Follow the directions of the pasta package for al dente pasta, but subtract 1-2 minutes from what they suggest. We will be cooking this again in a frying pan so we want to under-cook the pasta. (Do not add salt to the water when making the pasta)
- Once the noodles are done, pour in into a strainer and lightly rinse off the extra starch and set aside
Preparation of the Meat and Onions
- Cut the onion in half, then and slice them into thin half moon slices and set aside
- Combine the dark soy, light soy and sugar into 1 bowl and set aside
- Cut the meat thinly against the grain and put it into a bowl
- Marinate the beef with 2-3 teaspoons of the soy sauce mixture from step 2 and 1 teaspoon of corn starch for 5-10 minutes
Frying it Up!
- In a frying pan (preferably a non-stick), add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and set it to high heat and wait for it to get hot.
- Add in the onions and cook it for 3 minutes until soft and golden
- Add in the beef and cook for 3-5 minutes until it looks done
- Add in the spaghettini and then add the sauce mixture on top of everything and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is nice and brown and evenly mixed
- Do not add salt when boiling the pasta, we will be using a sauce to flavor the pasta when we stir fry it and adding salt to the water will make the dish overly salty.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 640 kcal
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 1874 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 96 g
- Protein: 49 g
Keywords: soy sauce noodles, noodles