A flavorful pineapple salsa made with pineapples, tomatoes and gochujang paste which give it a refreshing sweet and tangy taste with a mild spicy kick.
- 1/2 pineapple (approximately 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1–2 sprigs cilantro (optional)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon gochujang paste
- Chop up the pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, green onion and cilantro (optional) into small pieces and add to bowl
- In a small bowl, combine the gochujang paste and lime juice and mix until smooth and well blended
- Add sauce to the salsa mix and combine
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. As with all salsa, the longer it mingles in the fridge the more flavourful and well blended it will be
- If you don’t like the strong bite from raw onions, soak them in cold water for a minute after you chopped it. This takes the bite out of raw onions in salads and salsas
- Remember to rinse your knife after cutting fresh pineapples, tomatoes and citrus fruits. The acids from the juices dull the blade edges.
- This salsa tastes best with fresh pineapple, but if you’re pressed for time you can use canned pineapple as well.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 121 kcal
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 147 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: pineapple salsa