Sweet, refreshing watermelon feta salad with a bit of a tang from the pickled daikon radishes and ends off with a salty note from the feta cheese.
- 1/2 small watermelon (cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes) – approximately 3 cups
- 1 stalk green onion (finely chopped, both the greens and whites but discard the very end with the roots)
- 1 lime (juiced) – approximately 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup pickled daikon radish
- 1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoon sweet Vidalia onion or red onion (finely chopped)
- black sesame seeds (optional)
- Cut the watermelon into 1 1/2 inch cubes (using a melon baller is a fun way to shape these as well) and set it in a bowl
- Cut the pickled daikons into 1/2 inch cubes and add it to the bowl
- Dice the sweet Vidalia onion and green onion finely and add it to the bowl
- Crumble the feta cheese over everything in the bowl
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze out the juice and put it into the bowl
- Gently mix everything in the bowl together
- Top with black sesame seeds (optional)
- Enjoy as a salad, appetizer, side dish or snack!
- to remove the bite of raw onions, after you finished chopping them, soak them in cold water for 1 minute and then drain and rinse them out.
- this salad is best enjoyed when it has freshly been prepared.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 115 kcal
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 102 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, summer salads