Sweet and Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken
A super easy, 6 ingredient, sweet and spicy honey sriracha chicken recipe that's sweetened with a sticky honey sriracha glaze! Grilling and oven-roasted instructions included!
Servings: 4 Servings
Sweet & Sticky Sriracha Glaze
- 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce (Use 2 tablespoons for a less spicy glaze)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed, approximately ¼ of a lime)
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
Combine honey, sriracha and lemon juice and water together to create a glaze and set aside.
Pre-heat the grill on medium heat.
Grill chicken for about 45 mins or until meat juices run clear
Once the chicken is cooked, brush the sriracha glaze onto the chicken. Every 1 minute, brush on more glaze, then flip the chicken. Repeat this until all the glaze has been used. Keep an eye out on it to make sure it doesn't burn! The sugars in the sauce burns quickly from the BBQ heat
Once the chicken is done, set it aside and let it rest for 5 minutes before digging in!
Pre-heat oven to 350F
Place the chicken in a oven safe pan on top of a rack. If you don't have a rack, scrunch up a few sheets of foil and gently un-ravel it and place it on the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken on top of the textured foil.
Cook chicken for 25 minutes and flip it
Cook for another 35 minutes
Once the chicken is cooked, brush the sriracha glaze onto the chicken. Every 2-3 minute, brush on more glaze, then flip the chicken. Repeat this until all the glaze has been used.
Remove chicken from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before digging in!
- You can use any cut of chicken meat for this. I personally like to use dark meat (chicken legs, drumsticks or thighs).
- For this recipe, you can use honey or maple syrup. Maple syrup will be slightly less sweet.
- I like to use lime for this recipe, but I have used lemon juice as well. Both work well.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 1909mg | Sugar: 13g