Crab and Cheese Spring Rolls
These homemade cheese and crab spring rolls (Crab Rangoon Spring Rolls) are loaded with crab and creamy cheese and deep fried for extra crispiness. A great bite sized party snack or appetizer.
Servings: 15 Spring Rolls
- 15-20 spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups imitation crab meat (chopped or shredded)
- 250 g cream cheese (soften)
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3-4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 stalks green onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
Leave the cream cheese in room temperature for an hour to soften
Once the cream cheese is soft, mix in the mozzarella, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar and sugar
Chop or shred the crab meat and mix it into the cheese mixture
Mince the garlic and finely chop the green onions and add it into the cheese mixture
Rolling the Spring Rolls
Carefully peel 1 sheet at a time and place the sheet in front of you with a corner facing you. (Place a damp cloth or paper towel over the stack of spring roll papers to prevent it from drying out while you are rolling out the spring rolls)
Add a few spoonfuls of crab and cheese mixture near the bottom of the paper (but away from all edges) into a log shape.
Start rolling from the bottom, then take 1 side from the left or right and fold it into the center while rolling.
Then take the other side on the left or right side and fold it into the center and continue to roll
Wet the top corner with water or egg (which will be the glue to seal the spring roll) and keep rolling until all the paper is sealed.
Put aside covered with a damp cloth or paper towel and continue making the rest of the spring rolls
Heat up the oil to 350F (176C), and fry them for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
f you are deep frying these on a stove top in a pot, use medium heat and keep a close eye on them, when they turn golden brown pull them out. They still continue to cook after they have been pulled out of the oil.
- If your spring rolls don't stay sealed with water, another option is to use an egg to seal it
- Keep the spring roll papers and spring rolls covered with a damp cloth or paper towel so they don't dry out before cooking
- Leave the cream cheese out at room temperature for at least an hour to soften it up so that it is easier to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
Dipping Sauces Ideas
Serving: 1Spring Roll | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 110g | Sodium: 290mg | Sugar: 2g