Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa
A flavorful pineapple salsa made with pineapples, tomatoes and gochujang paste which give it a refreshing sweet and tangy taste with a mild spicy kick.
Servings: 6 Servings
- ½ pineapple (approximately 2 ½ cups)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1-2 sprigs cilantro (optional)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 ½ tablespoon gochujang paste
Chop up the pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, green onion and cilantro (optional) into small pieces and add to bowl
In a small bowl, combine the gochujang paste and lime juice and mix until smooth and well blended
Add sauce to the salsa mix and combine
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. As with all salsa, the longer it mingles in the fridge the more flavourful and well blended it will be
- If you don't like the strong bite from raw onions, soak them in cold water for a minute after you chopped it. This takes the bite out of raw onions in salads and salsas
- Remember to rinse your knife after cutting fresh pineapples, tomatoes and citrus fruits. The acids from the juices dull the blade edges.
- This salsa tastes best with fresh pineapple, but if you're pressed for time you can use canned pineapple as well.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Sodium: 147mg | Sugar: 13g