Crispy Lemongrass Chicken Tacos
Quick and easy crispy chicken tacos made with soft corn tortilla shells filled with flavourful lemongrass chicken and crispy tortilla chips! Best of both worlds, crispy and soft taco in one!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (or any dark meat)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 soft corn tortilla shells
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 stalks green onion (finely chopped)
- 1-2 stalks lemongrass (approximately 2.5-3 tablespoons, finely chopped)
- handful tortilla chips
Finely chop green onions and set aside for garnishing at the end
Finely chop the garlic and lemongrass (If you are using fresh lemongrass stalks, use the bottom half of the stalk only, which is lighter. Discard the dried tips)
Marinate the chicken with the garlic, soy, lemongrass, balsamic vinegar for 2-3 hours
Cooking the Chicken
In a large skillet, add some oil and set the heat to medium heat
Add the chicken to the pan, skin side down first, and sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes a side. To get the brown skin, leave it untouched skin side down for a few minutes. (If you are using boned chicken, you will need to cook the chicken longer)
Making the Crispy Tacos
Once the chicken is done, transfer it to a cutting board and place some tortilla chips on top of the chicken and chop it up together
Add in the green onions
Add to tacos with toppings and enjoy!
- For this recipe, I used dark meat chicken. For simplicity, I will usually use boneless chicken thighs or debone them at home. Adjust the cooking time if you are cooking the chicken with the bone-in.
- Any kind of tortilla chips will work for this recipe. I found that lightly toasting them for about 3-5 minutes in the oven before using them gave them an even better flavor and texture!
- For soft tortillas, we found that corn tortilla was the most flavourful and was best when lightly toasted on the stove, however you can go with your favorite brand or type of tortillas (or use flour tortillas) and it will be just as good.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 1133mg | Sugar: 1g