Beef Noodle Stir Fry
This quick 15-minute beef noodle stir fry recipe is easy to make, super flavorful and made with stir-fried beef, onions, spaghettini, and soy sauce.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 500 g beef steak (any cut of steak, thinly sliced)
- 450 g spaghettini
- 1 onion (sliced, approx. 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (for beef marinade)
Making the Spaghettini
Follow the directions of the pasta package for al dente pasta, but subtract 1-2 minutes from what they suggest. We will be cooking this again in a frying pan so we want to under-cook the pasta. (Do not add salt to the water when making the pasta)
Once the noodles are done, pour in into a strainer and lightly rinse off the extra starch and set aside
Prepare the Soy Sauce Mixture
Marinate the Beef
Cut the meat thinly against the grain and put it into a bowl
Add 2-3 teaspoons of the 'Soy Sauce Mixture' you just made, and 1 teaspoon of corn starch to the beef and marinate the beef with for 5-10 minutes. Set aside to marinate.
Frying it Up!
In a frying pan (preferably a non-stick), add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and set it to high heat and wait for it to get hot.
Add in the onions and cook it for 3 minutes until soft and golden
Add in the beef and cook for 3-5 minutes
Add in the spaghettini and the rest of the 'Soy Sauce Mixture' and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is nice and brown and evenly mixed or until the noodles have absorbed all the sauce
- Do not add salt when boiling the pasta, we will be using a sauce to flavor the pasta when we stir fry it and adding salt to the water will make the dish overly salty.
- For the cut of beef, I would say you can use any cut of beef. It will be sliced thinly so you don’t need to worry too much if it’s a tougher cut of meat. My dad used to use flank steak in his recipe, but I usually like to use steak.
- I like to use spaghettini for this recipe because it’s thinner than spaghetti so the flavors from the soy sauce come through a bit more and it’s thicker than angel hair so it has a bit more of a chew and it’s less mushy. If you use spaghetti, you may need to make a bit more soy sauce mix to make sure the flavors can come through the thicker pasta.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 1874mg | Sugar: 9g