A coconut dip that is made with coconut cream to give it the full bodied creaminess and coconut flavour.
This is a simple, creamy and decadent coconut dip with no heating or cooking involved.
All ingredients for this will be available at your local grocery store.
Coconut cream is the main ingredient in this dip. It is much thicker than coconut milk and usually has the consistency of soften butter in room temperature which makes it a fantastic ingredient for easy and flavourful dips!
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
There is no cooking involved here and you can tweak it to as salty, tart, sweet as you want. The bonus? You can even tweak the thickness of the sauce to your hearts desire. 🙂
Too Thick? or Not Thick Enough?
Depending on the brand of coconut cream you buy, they sometimes come very thick – almost paste like. Thin it out to your preference by adding milk in it.
If the dip is not thick enough or you added too much liquid, I find adding desiccated unsweetened coconut flakes thickens it up quite nicely again.
Dip Everything! 🙂
Everything and anything, but if you must choose here are a few suggestions:
- Deep fried crispy snacks
Recipes that goes great with this sauce:
Creamy Coconut Dip
- In a bowl, add the coconut cream
- Squeeze fresh lime into the coconut cream and mix it together
- Finely chop the garlic and add it to the mix
- Add some maple syrup and fish sauce and adjust it for the salt and sugar balance to your preference. Add more maple if you prefer a sweeter dip.(Note: Fish sauce is a very potent and salty ingredient, if you are going to tweak it experiment with it do it a little bit at a time.)
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried shredded unsweetened coconut. This will thicken up the dip and give it a bit of texture. Add more if you want a thicker dip
- [Optional] Adding 1/2 tsp of onion seeds adds a bit more spice and flavour to the dip.
- Enjoy with snacks! 🙂
- For a thinner dip, add 1-2 teaspoon of milk
- For a thicker dip, add 1 teaspoon of desiccated unsweetened coconut