A coconut dip that is made with coconut cream to give it the full bodied creaminess and coconut flavour.
This is a simple, creamy and decadent coconut dip with no heating or cooking involved.
All ingredients for this will be available at your local grocery store.
Coconut cream is the main ingredient in this dip. It is much thicker than coconut milk and usually has the consistency of soften butter in room temperature which makes it a fantastic ingredient for easy and flavourful dips!
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
There is no cooking involved here and you can tweak it to as salty, tart, sweet as you want. The bonus? You can even tweak the thickness of the sauce to your hearts desire. 🙂
Here are the steps:
- In a bowl, add the coconut cream
- Squeeze fresh limes into the coconut cream and mix
- Finely chop up the garlic and add it to the mix.
- Add the maple syrup and fish sauce (or soy sauce) and adjust it to how you like it. If you like it sweeter, then add more maple syrup than fish sauce. (Note: Fish sauce is very strong in salt and flavours, a little goes a long long way.)
- Add dried unsweetened coconut flakes to thicken the sauce.
- Add a few teaspoon of milk or water to thin it out if it’s too thick.
- Mix it up, and enjoy with your food!
WHAT TO USE IT ON
Everything and anything, but if you must choose here are a few suggestions:
- Deep fried crispy snacks
Recipes that goes great with this sauce:
A simple coconut dip that is made with coconut cream, lime and garlic to give it the full bodied creaminess and coconut flavour.
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 tsp onion seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried unsweetened shredded coconut (optional for extra texture)
In a bowl, add the coconut cream
Squeeze fresh lime into the coconut cream and mix it together
Finely chop the garlic and add it to the mix
Add some maple syrup and fish sauce and adjust it for the salt and sugar balance to your preference. Add more maple if you prefer a sweeter dip.
(Note: Fish sauce is a very potent and salty ingredient, if you are going to tweak it experiment with it do it a little bit at a time.)
[Optional] Adding 1 tablespoon of dried shredded unsweetened coconut will thicken up the dip and give it a bit of texture.
[Optional] Adding 1/2 tsp of onion seeds adds a bit more spice and flavour to the dip.
Enjoy with snacks! 🙂
- For a thinner dip, add 1-2 tsp of milk