This homemade Spicy Sriracha Mayo will give you the tastiest spicy mayo sauce you’ve ever tried! It’s a creamy, spicy, and garlicky sauce that’s not only super easy to make but also incredibly delicious. It goes great on snacks, sandwiches, salads, veggies, sushi, and more!
Table of Contents
- What is Spicy Sriracha Mayo?
- Why You’ll Love This Spicy Sriracha Mayo Recipe
- What is Spicy Sriracha Mayo Good On?
- Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Spicy Sriracha Mayo At Home
- How to Make Spicy Sriracha Mayo (Step by Step)
- Serving Suggestions
- Recipe Variation Ideas for Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Store Leftover Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- More Sauces You May Like
- Recipe Card
Spicy Sriracha Mayo is a versatile and delicious condiment that adds a fiery kick to any dish. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this creamy and tangy sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a wide range of foods.
Making it at home is super easy, and my recipe calls for a secret ingredient that will take your spicy mayo sauce to the next level! If you are tired of trying to make spicy sriracha mayo at home and getting a watered down versions, then my recipe is going to fix that for you once and for all!
Whether you’re looking to enhance the flavor of your favorite sandwich, spice up your sushi rolls, or add a zesty twist to your fries, this homemade Spicy Sriracha Mayo is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. It’s my go-to recipe that I’m sure you’re going to want to bookmark!
Read on to learn exactly how to make this delicious spicy sriracha mayo recipe today!
What is Spicy Sriracha Mayo?
Spicy Sriracha Mayo is a popular condiment made by combining mayonnaise with Sriracha sauce, a spicy chili sauce. The combination of creamy mayo and the heat from the Sriracha creates a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes.
One of the main reasons Spicy Sriracha Mayo is so loved is its versatility. It can be used as a dipping sauce for french fries, chicken nuggets, and sushi rolls and as a spread for burgers, sandwiches, and wraps. The spicy and tangy flavor of the sauce adds a unique kick to any dish, making it a favorite among spicy food lovers.
Plus, Spicy Sriracha Mayo is incredibly easy to make at home. You only need four ingredients to get the tastiest one you’ve ever had! What’s best is that it can be whipped up in minutes, allowing you to customize the spiciness level to your preference.
Why You’ll Love This Spicy Sriracha Mayo Recipe
Easy to make: This homemade sriracha mayo recipe is incredibly simple to whip up, requiring just a few ingredients and minimal effort in the kitchen.
Versatile: This mayo is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. It adds a spicy kick to sandwiches and burgers, enhances the flavor of sushi rolls, and can even be used as a dip for french fries or veggies. The possibilities are endless!
Delicious: The combination of creamy mayo and spicy sriracha sauce creates a flavor explosion that is both addictive and delicious. The heat from the sriracha is perfectly balanced by the creaminess of the mayo, making it a mouthwatering addition to any dish.
Crowd-pleaser: Whether you’re hosting a party or just cooking for your family, this spicy sriracha mayo is sure to be a hit. The spicy kick appeals to those who love heat, while the creamy mayo base tones down the spice for those who prefer a milder flavor. It is a crowd-pleaser for all taste buds.
Customizable: One of the best things about this recipe is that it can be easily customized to suit your personal preferences. If you like it extra spicy, simply add more cayenne pepper. If you prefer a milder flavor, reduce the amount.
What is Spicy Sriracha Mayo Good On?
Here is a list of things I like to use spicy mayo on! It's definitely not limited to just my list and if you have a unique use for it, let me know! I'd love to try it out.
Sandwiches and Burgers - This sauce is my go-to sauce whenever I make my umami pork and beef burgers. I also love to give any sandwich bit of a spicy garlic kick and creaminess with this sauce as well.
Salads and Vegetables - I love to mix it into hearty salads like pasta salads, Japanese crab salad (kani salad), or chopped vegetable salads made with cucumber, tomatoes, and corn. I also like serving this at parties with vegetable sticks as an easy dip!
Sushi and Poke Bowls! - This spicy mayo is must in any type of sushi or poke bowls especially if you have salmon with it!
Noodle bowls and rice bowls - I love using this sauce in rice bowls like my Tuna Mayo Deopbap (Tuna Rice Bowl) recipe.
Use It To Make Thick and Hearty Party Dips - To give my dips a kick of flavor, I will mix spicy mayo in crab dips and cream cheese dips.
Potstickers and Dumplings - If you're making any type of pan-fried dumplings like gyoza, this spicy mayo goes amazing with it. I will usually whip up a batch for my bacon cheeseburger potstickers whenever I make it.
Tacos! - This goes amazing with any type of tacos. If you need a creamy spicy kick for it, definitely consider using it on your tacos, especially fish tacos. I like to use it on my crispy lemongrass chicken tacos in place of sour cream if I don't have any on hand.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Spicy Sriracha Mayo At Home
All you need are some incredibly simple, pantry-staple ingredients to make this delicious spicy sriracha mayo recipe at home.
- Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise: I like to use Japanese Kewpie Mayo for Sriracha mayo, which you can usually find at an Asian grocery store but I have found it at Walmart and specialty grocery stores as well. It has a bit more flavor than the standard mayonnaise because of the MSG in it but if you can't find Kewpie mayo, you can definitely substitute it with standard mayonnaise (Hellman's) but I wouldn't use Miracle Whip for this recipe. I personally find Miracle whip is too sweet for this recipe and has less of a creamy buttery flavor.
- Sriracha chili sauce: There is no substitute for Sriracha Chili sauce for this recipe. The combination of garlic, vinegar, and hot peppers is what makes this spicy mayo delicious. Sriracha has become increasingly popular these days and can be found in any grocery store now. You shouldn't substitute it with tabasco sauce or any other hot sauce because it is missing its garlicky flavors.
- Cayenne pepper: This is my secret ingredient and makes all the difference! Adding ground cayenne pepper the sauce gives the sriracha mayo a bit of a spicier kick and a stronger pepper flavor which gives the sauce a bit more flavor. A little goes a long way, so if you don't like spicy things, just put a small pinch and work your way up with taste testing until it is the right amount of spiciness for you.
- Garlic: Garlic is not traditionally in sriracha mayo and is optional I but highly recommended it. Once you add garlic, you're basically making a sriracha aioli. I recommend grating the garlic so you don't have big chunks of garlic in the sauce. Start with just half a clove of garlic, do a taste test, and add more if you want it garlickier. I like using 1 full garlic clove.
How to Make Spicy Sriracha Mayo (Step by Step)
This is a super easy and simple spicy mayo recipe that you can easily make at home in minutes. Let's look at the steps in more detail:
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, sriracha chili sauce, and ground cayenne pepper together. Then mix everything well until everything it's well combined.
- (Optional, but highly recommended) If you are adding garlic, grate it finely and put it in the bowl with the sauce, and mix everything together. Start off by grating half a clove of garlic and mixing it into the sauce. Do a taste test to make sure it is a good level of garlickiness. If you want it more garlicky, add the full clove.
- Enjoy this sauce with snacks, sushi, veggies, or sandwiches!
Note: If you're wondering why I don't have any acid in this recipe like vinegar or lemon juice, it's because I feel like sriracha alone has enough vinegar in it to balance out the flavors.
I also didn't add more vinegar or lemon juice to this recipe because I like my spicy mayo thick and adding more vinegar or lemon juice waters it down and makes it runny.
- Drizzle spicy sriracha mayo over a grilled chicken burger for a spicy and creamy kick. The mayo adds a burst of flavor that compliments the savory chicken perfectly and it add a delicious zing to it!
- Use spicy sriracha mayo as a dipping sauce for sweet potato fries. The combination of the spicy mayo and the sweet fries creates a delicious balance of flavors.
- Spread spicy sriracha mayo on a wrap or sandwich for an extra punch of flavor. It pairs well with ingredients like turkey, avocado, and lettuce for a tasty and spicy lunch option.
- Mix spicy sriracha mayo with cooked pasta for a quick and easy spicy pasta salad. The creamy mayo coats the pasta evenly, adding a tangy and spicy element to the dish.
- Serve spicy sriracha mayo as a condiment for sushi rolls. It adds a creamy and spicy element to the rolls, enhancing the flavors of the seafood and vegetables.
Recipe Variation Ideas for Spicy Sriracha Mayo
This delicious spicy sriracha mayo recipe is so easy to make, you'll want to try out some of these delicious variations! Here are some great ideas:
Smoky Chipotle Mayo: Add 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder to the spicy sriracha mayo recipe to give it a smoky and slightly spicy twist. This variation adds a depth of flavor to the mayo and is perfect for those who enjoy a smoky kick.
Sweet and Tangy: Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard to the spicy sriracha mayo recipe for a sweet and tangy twist. This variation balances out the spiciness of the sriracha with the sweetness of honey and the tanginess of mustard.
Creamy Avocado Mayo: Mash half of a ripe avocado and mix it into the spicy sriracha mayo recipe for a creamy and smooth variation. This adds a subtle avocado flavor and makes the mayo even creamier, perfect for spreading on sandwiches or using as a dip.
Zesty Lemon Herb Mayo: Add the juice of half a lemon and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill, or cilantro) to the spicy sriracha mayo recipe for a fresh and zesty variation. The lemon juice adds a tangy brightness while the herbs add a fresh and aromatic flavor.
Garlic Parmesan Mayo: Stir in 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese and 1 clove of minced garlic to the spicy sriracha mayo recipe for a savory and cheesy twist. This variation adds a rich umami flavor and pairs well with burgers, french fries, or as a dip for vegetables.
Frequently Asked Questions
How spicy is sriracha mayo?
The spice level of sriracha mayo can vary depending on the amount of sriracha sauce and cayenne pepper used. Start with a small amount and adjust according to your personal taste.
What type of mayo should I use for spicy sriracha mayo?
I recommend using Japanese kewpie mayonnaise since it has more flavor than regular store-bough mayo, but you can use any that you can on hand or even make mayonnaise from scratch for this recipe.
Can I make a vegan version of this spicy sriracha mayo?
Yes, you absolutely can. Substitute the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt or avocado-based vegan mayo instead. But keep in mind that this will change the overall flavor of your homemade spicy mayo.
How long does Sriracha Mayo last?
Sriracha mayo can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Make sure to check for any signs of spoilage before consuming.
What can I use Sriracha Mayo for?
Sriracha mayo is a versatile condiment that can be used in a variety of ways. It can be used as a dipping sauce for french fries or vegetables, as a spread for sandwiches or for burgers and also as a topping for tacos or sushi rolls. The possibilities are endless!
How to Store Leftover Spicy Sriracha Mayo
Since sriracha mayo contains mayonnaise and mayonnaise contains eggs, you definitely should refrigerate your spicy mayo if you have leftovers.
If you make a big batch of it, use a clean spoon to scoop out what you need from the bowl or jar of spicy mayo each time you want to use it - this is so you don't contaminate the batch with bacteria, which will cause mold to form on it.
I keep it in the fridge for no more than 2 weeks but this recipe is so easy that I find that I like to make small batches anyway and it never lasts more than 2 weeks.
I don’t recommend freezing this sauce since it contains mayonnaise, which has a tendency to separate and become watery when frozen.
More Sauces You May Like
If you made this sriracha mayo (spicy mayo) recipe leave me a comment to let me know how it went! I also want to see! Follow Pups with Chopsticks on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @pupswithchopsticks and #pupswithchopsticks. I love to know what you are making!
Spicy Sriracha Mayo
Joyce's Recipe Notes
- Japanese Kewpie Mayo - I like to use Japanese Kewpie Mayo for Sriracha mayo, which you can usually find at an Asian grocery store but I have found it at Walmart and specialty grocery stores as well. It has a bit more flavor than the standard mayonnaise because of the MSG in it but if you can't find Kewpie mayo, you can definitely substitute it with standard mayonnaise (Hellman's) but I wouldn't use Miracle Whip for this recipe. I personally find Miracle whip is too sweet for this recipe and has less of a creamy buttery flavor.
- Ground Cayenne Pepper- Adding ground cayenne pepper the sauce gives the sriracha mayo a bit of a spicier kick and a stronger pepper flavor which gives the sauce a bit more flavor. A little goes a long way, so if you don't like spicy things, just put a small pinch and work your way up with taste testing until it is the right amount of spice level for you.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup Japanese Kewpie Mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce, and ¾ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper together until everything is well combined.
- (Optional, but highly recommended) If you are adding garlic, grate it finely and put it in the bowl with the sauce and mix everything together. Start off by grating half a clove of garlic and mix it into the sauce. Do a taste test to make sure it is a good level of garlickiness. If you want it more garlicky, add the full clove.
- Enjoy with snacks, sushi, veggies or sandwiches!
*Nutritional information is calculated using online tools and is an estimate*
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. While I appreciate the support – please try to buy your items locally if possible to support your local shops (chances are they are cheaper locally as well!)